Appointments are available at Overton Surgery only.
- Travel health advice
- Immunisations - We can provide Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Diptheria, Tetanus and Polio
- Private prescriptions for anti-malarial medication
If you would like to use our service, please contact reception, who will then book you an appointment with a travel nurse. You should aim to have this appointment at least 8 weeks before you travel.
This allows time for us to:
- Check your vaccination status.
- Offer you any necessary appointments.
- If you are travelling to Western Europe, the USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand, you may not need travel vaccinations.
- Not all travel vaccinations are available on the NHS. A list of charges can be found in our travel pack or at reception.
- If you are travelling within 8 weeks we may not be able to fit your immunisation course in. You may instead need to go to a private travel clinic.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below
Click here to find out about prescriptions to cover you holiday
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe a very useful booklet has been published with advice and guidance to help you get the most out of your holiday. To visit please click:- http://ec.europa.eu/publications/booklets/eu_glance/86/en.pdf (this is a large document and may take a minute or two to view)